You are here: Home / Content Guidelines
The Content Guidelines listed below form part of the Conditions of Use for Aged Care Reviews.
Aged Care Business/es: any aged care facilities, aged care providers, aged care operators, in home aged care nursing and assistance service providers, and other aged care industry-related services providers and businesses, found in Australia, New Zealand, and the greater Asia Pacific Region
Site: the website located at http://www.agedcarereviews.com.au
User Generated Content: the material you post, contribute or submit to Aged Care Reviews - either in reviews, forums or comments
1. You shall use the Site for lawful purposes only. You shall not add to the portal any material or information which can give rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law.
2. Only write personal, first-hand experience or the personal, first-hand experience of your immediate relatives recounted directly to you. Please provide sufficient details regarding your or your immediate relative’s experiences, including but not exclusive to any unique qualities, helpful suggestions, or the type of individuals who may like or dislike the services provided by the Aged Care Businesses in question.
3. Ensure that all User Generated Content is factual. You must not include any inflammatory descriptors or generalisations.
4. Only provide User Generated Content for Aged Care Businesses you have transacted with within the last 48 months. Only provide User Generated Content once for each interaction with an Aged Care Business.
5. Do not recommend any alternative Aged Care Businesses by name when providing reviews as User Generated Content. You must review the alternative Aged Care Facility separately.
6. Disclose any discounts or any special offers that have been provided to you by the Aged Care Businesses in your reviews.
7. Do not include any personal information (including specific employee, resident or care recipient names) in any User Generated Content. Doing so is a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and you will be held personally liable for any such breaches.
8. Do not post any inappropriate or offensive User Generated Content.
9. Do not post any User Generated Content that may be deemed as threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech, and other offensive and threatening material.
10. User Generated Content must be unbiased and objective, as such current or ex employees, owners, and operators of Aged Care Businesses must not provide User Generated Content for their Aged Care Business. Conversely, employees, owners and operators of Aged Care Businesses must not provide User Generated Content for competing or related Aged Care Businesses.
11. Only provide User Generated Content that is freely made. You are not allowed to post User Generated Content due any inducements or payments by any Aged Care Businesses.
12. Generally, you must not add User Generated Content:
(i) unless you hold all necessary rights, licences and consents to do so;
(ii) that would cause you or us to breach any law, regulation, rule, code or other legal obligation;
(iii) that is or could reasonably be considered to be obscene, inappropriate, defamatory, disparaging, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, threatening, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence or in breach of privacy;
(iv) that is unsolicited, undisclosed or unauthorized advertising;
(v) that are software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
(vi) that would bring us, or the Site, into disrepute;
(vii) that infringes the Intellectual Property or other rights of any person; or
(viii) that is in breach, or could reasonably constitute a breach, of these Content Guidelines.